On Friday I watched some YouTube videos on how to make a wooden soap mould. Didn’t look too difficult! On Saturday we went to B&Q and I got some pine planks, and then to ScrewFix for some ummm, screw things. In the afternoon/evening Colin sawed the planks for me and I stuck the sides together with “No More Nails” but then we also put in some nails. Unfortunately using a manual saw wasn’t the best idea and the planks were slightly different lengths meaning the ends wouldn’t fit on flush.
Hanging our heads in shame we went to our friend Paul up the road and showed him our efforts. After smothering his giggles he said he’d sort it out – he’s an engineer and very “handy”. And he has a load of tools. A couple of hours later he arrived after having straigtened the ends, put dowels in the ends (because I wanted removable ends on the box so I could slide the soap log out) and finished it off with strong elastic bands round it.
Yesterday I tried it out…………
And this is what I made in it……..
I also bought a fancy mould in Lakeland and made this………..