After my success with the cushion covers last week, I have been to the library and got a few sewing books.  One of which is Martha Stewart’s Encyclopaedia of Sewing & Fabric Crafts.  In there I found a pattern for pyjama pants that I thought wasn’t too difficult.  So Saturday I went to Abakhan and they had a section of offcuts of cotton which you buy by weight.  I found a lovely stripey piece and luckily it was just about 2metres, the amount I needed.

On Sunday I printed out the pattern pieces from the CD that comes with the book, they print onto normal A4 paper and you sellotape them together – bit of a faff!  Then yesterday I cut out and sewed.  Here is the result

I think I could have got away with the smaller size but I didn’t want to end up with something too small.  I improvised adding a front pocket for my insulin pump.  The waist cord isn’t long enough, the ends keep disappearing when I undo it, but I have some ribbon that I am going to substitute.  Overall I’m pleased with them and not bad for under a tenner for all the bits.

I’m also working on my Fireside cardigan.  I now have two fronts and most of a sleeve.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s